Social bookmarking is a very simple step that you must do after you post an article in your blog. In this article we will discuss 5 benefits and tips that will help you increase your traffic and they are directly related to social bookmarking.
1. When you make a post in your blog get your keyword phrase as close to the beginning of the title of the post as possible. When you tag your post use the keyword as a tag. Then when you bookmark the post be sure to use the title of the post and again tag the keyword. This is search engine bait and if you practice basic SEO methods in your writing you will find yourself on page of Google and other search engines in a matter of days, maybe even hours.
2. Bookmark to the correct directories and the right categories. For sure bookmark to Google Bookmarks, Yahoo MyWeb, Digg, Netscape, and any other relative or favorite directory. Join Onlywire and you can bookmark to several directories with one click.
3. Post often and bookmark every post. Social bookmarking is bait for the search engines. By posting in your blog and bookmarking on a regular basis you will get the search engines showing up at Netscape for example and putting your article on page one for the keyword phrase you are targeting. This also gets them spidering your blog more regularly which can lead to more traffic on some of your other posts.
4. Social bookmarking can lead to many things. Certainly getting your article read can create credibility for you. It can also lead to traffic, repeat traffic, referrals, join ventures, sales, newsletter sign-ups, comments on your blog posts, emails from your readers.
5. Having interaction with your visitors is one of the biggest benefits that comes from bookmarking a post and getting it read. In the old days a website did not have the interaction with it’s visitors. Now you can play video, add audio, solicit comments, get your posts read via RSS feeds, and who knows where this will all lead.
These five benefits of social bookmarking have all been listed to get you going bookmarking your posts if you are not already doing it. If your goal is traffic then blogging combined with social bookmarking is a guaranteed formula for success. If you are not doing it you are not only standing still, you are going backwards.
Author: Daniel Trainor (Email)
Dr. Daniel Trainor is an established internet marketer and mentor. To find out how Dr. Trainor can help you make money from home go to http://www.emeraldpassport-info.com