In a competitive mobile market, it is important to promote a mobile application in order to sell it to a larger user base.
Therefore, mobile app developers must consider about the techniques of app promotion as much as developing unique features and functionalities of the software tool. Mobile market researchers say that social media is one of the best means to promote a mobile application designed for any OS platform, since the reach of social media frameworks is widespread.
People of all age groups and all occupations now have access to the popular social media frameworks; therefore, developers take advantage of this medium to spread awareness of the app features designed by them to the targeted group by discussing about them in the social media platforms.
Listed below are few strategies associated with social media platforms that help in the promotion of mobile applications:
1. Mobile Application Review Sites – App developers are suggested to submit their software designs to various functioning app review websites before launching them in the mobile market. Research shows that most users check the app review sites in order to search for a software that will help them to meet their technology requirements. Discussion about your app in the popular sites will help to spread awareness.
2. Facebook Fan Page – It is an accepted fact that Facebook is the most used social media platform in modern times. Users spanning multiple age groups use Facebook to remain connected with friends and family. That is why it is important for mobile app developers to showcase a new mobile application and discuss about its features on Facebook. Developers must create a separate page on the social media platform for reaching out to a closed group of audience that may find a particular mobile application especially useful.
3. Twitter In Application Feature – A Twitter handle must be created to discuss about a mobile application and publicize it. The name of the handle should be such as reflecting the purpose of functions of the application. A Twitter update feature must also be created within a mobile application for quicker and successful promotion.
4. YouTube Application Reviewers – Uploading a tutorial or demo video of the yet to be launched mobile application on YouTube is highly recommended. A large number of people work as reviewers on YouTube; these reviewers have a subscriber base of more than 10,000. Therefore, it is a good idea to submit details of a mobile application with these reviewers to upload to the social media platform YouTube. Developers can prepare promotional videos of their mobile applications and submit to the YouTube reviewers for uploading on the site so as to raise the number of views even before the application is released in the mobile market.
5. Promotion on LinkedIn – There is a ‘websites’ section under Linkedin profiles; this section directly links the mobile app details to the LinkedIn website. This means that every user who has an account in LinkedIn will be able to view details of the mobile app and hence be acquainted with the software tool.
6. Social Bookmarking – Adding, annotating, editing, and sharing of bookmarks of a mobile application must be undertaken by the developer in order to promote his/her app.
Follow the above strategies in order to exploit the usefulness of social media platforms for promoting mobile apps.
This was a guest article from Yancy Marry.